Monday, October 1, 2012

Summer Of Seals

A couple of friends asked me to do a little
competition with them over the summer.
I've been wanting to get in better shape, so
I agreed with out asking any questions.
I assumed it was just a little competition
with just our group of friends.
I assumed wrong.  Ha!
The little competition was the
Summer Of Seals challenge.
*Based off Navy Seals training, in case you were thinking...


Or this.....


Out of our group of friends, there were
 2 girls teams of 5 and 
2 boys teams of 5.

We had 12 weeks to do four
 30 min workouts per week.

And to end the 12 weeks..a big competition...
in which I had to wear a bathing suit and
swim in front of people. Lots of people.
Something that I have not done since I was
10, during summer rec swim lessons..

I was a little freaked out, to say the least!
I even contemplated quitting a week before 
the big competition.  But I did it!  I had
lots of help and encouragement 
from my great friends!

-Competition day-

500 meter swim 
max pushups in 2 min.
max situps in 2 min.
max pullups in 2 min. 
1.5 mile run

Yep. All that. Together. One after another.
Whew!!

Team "Jiggles and Giggles"


And of course I'm the only one making a "tough" face! Haha


Me and Sabrina with our matching watches to time our laps


I really exceeded all my goals and 
beat almost all of my best times!
I really impressed myself by shaving 3min off my 
best practice swim time!
That is a Lot in swim time! 
I was dead tired after and still sore 3 days later.
I can't say it was fun, but I did feel pretty 
accomplished having done it.
So I will definitely do it again.






No comments: