So anyways, after we returned to Woodville, the heat wasn't too bad at first, but we finally decided to evacuate to my aunt's in Dallas on Sunday. When we started our trip, I had 140 miles until empty in my car and thought that would be plenty to get us to a gas station down the road to fill up....well no matter how far I drove, no one had power or gas. There was no power or gas all the way through Huntsville. When I got to Centerville, still no gas for 30 miles a State Trooper told me. Unfortunately, there was only 10 miles til empty in my tank. So I pulled over into an abandoned parking lot to wait for Tim to drive 2 1/2 hrs. to bring us some gas. But we were sent a tattoo-covered Angel in a big black truck who gave us 5 gallons of gas to get us to the next Gas Station. He even followed us to make sure we made it. I don't know why he chose our car over all the other stranded cars around us, but I'm so grateful. He wouldn't even let us pay him. So thank you to whoever you are. We are so blessed.
Having fun in the mess Ike made...
2 comments:
If things weren't bad enough we get these stupid colds!! I hate it! Hey let me know if anybody needs help with anything, like your mom or Amanda. I feel so bad for everyone down there. Tell them I'm thinking about them! I hope to see you soon!
I love Angels...even the tatooed ones
Post a Comment