Saturday, June 11, 2011

Miles Is Finally Here!


About midnight the night of 
our 11 year Anniversary, I was watching 
"Secret Life of the American Teenager" 
(haha, yep I admit it, I totally watch that show)
When I finally started noticing that 
the contractions I had been having 
were hurting more.  So I started timing
them and sure enough 
they were every 5 minutes
Considering the Hospital is 45min away, 
I was a little concerned.  
Tim, on the other hand, had to 
be woken up 2 different times before he 
realized I was definitely serious when 
I said it's time to G-O!
Of course now that it was upon us, 
I wasn't ready!  
He was supposed to come on Friday,
like I scheduled, not on Monday.  
His quilt was not quite finished yet 
and I didn't have a
bag packed for the kids, etc, etc...
But he was coming, ready or not!
Marci was running around at 1am saying,
 "This is the most exciting day EVER!"
Holding Miles for the 1st time!
 Unlike the last 2 times, this time I got an
Epidural !!!!  And that made all the difference!
Don't tell Tim, but I could seriously have
like 10 more kids if I got an epidural.
While I was pushing (it only took 3 times!) 
I even said,"I could do this all day!" 
Magic, I tell ya, magic.
And I felt great after!  I haven't even 
been all laid up in bed like before. 
It makes a huge difference when
you aren't in screaming pain for 
12 long, drug-free hours of labor.
Gimme the drugs!
 The kids LOVE their new baby brother!
The fighting over who holds him 
has died down a little...


Granma & Grandpa Durr
 Marci watched them break my water...
I think she will be sufficiently scared
of pregnancy for a while!  Hopefully, lasting
well through her teenage years!
My Mom & sister Amanda (the nurse) 
helped me through labor and 
my Mom cut the cord!
I could not have done it without them!

A freshly birthed Miles



Leaving the Hospital! Yay!

Timothy Lee and Miles Timothy


As a bonus, Miles has been a
Wonderful baby so far!
He sleeps really well, eats great,
and rarely cries!
I have been truly blessed with
four healthy, happy, awesome kids!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Loved reading your experience! Congrats again:) Miles is so adorable!

Nat said...

Congratulations Abby! I can't believe you only had to push 3 times! And I'm so glad you got your epidural this time!

Natalie (Id So Rather Be Reading) said...

AWESOME! He is so stinkin' cute, I can't wait to see him when you come down next! And we won't tell Tim you are ALREADY thinking you could do this for a 5th time! :)

Sarah Fruge said...

He's precious!!

Sabs said...

how am I just now reading this?! um i miss your guts and your kiddos too! such cuties!