Monday, August 16, 2010

5K Night Beach Run

2 of my sisters and I decided to run a 5k together.
It's on the beach, in Galveston at night, so it sounded
like it would be really cool.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Running in sand is HARD.
The race was supposed to start at 9pm, but we
didn't get to start running til 10pm!!
So it was after 2am before I got home!
Andrea, Manda, & Me before the race



We had to wait in line forever just to get our 
chips and numbers!  
I think I heard them say there were over 1400 runners.


Before: Pre-sweaty, without red faces, & full of energy!
We had to run with headlamps because it was 
pitch black!
Headlamp or not, I still tripped in 3 holes!
Running in sand is not what I expected...
I had piles of sand in my shoes as I ran, which is not fun! 
I may as well have been running in Gak.
I was only 15 min slower than the last 5k I ran, but
it felt like an eternity!
But overall we still had fun running together,
with the waves on our side and the smell of the ocean.  
And the smell of the BBQ they were cooking
for us after the race was a great motivator!

After: Sweaty, RED face, & messy hair

Me & Andrea
Andrea did great for her 1st 5k

Manda & Me
The 3 oldest Hawsey girls


It was midnight before we were able to leave!


No training, no prep, and the only
 previous exercise I had was my
 cage fitness class, but I made it! Yay!
Next 5k I do....NO SAND!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Congratulations!! It's VERY hard to run in sand...and after your last 5k experience I'm very impressed! ;) ...and you still look pretty after running (rosy!).

Sabs said...

you girlies are awesome! ok ok ok i really feel lazy now:)

Abby said...

Thanks!

And Brianne-this time I barely walked at all! You would be proud! Haha